1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving to 0.8

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by tafkam, Sep 11, 2011.

1. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

If they need to lose 0.2 of a teacher somewhere then they will be overjoyed. If they don't, then they may not.
    Yes, if your school agrees to the change to 0.8, then your TLR will reduce by 20% at the same time.
    You won't quite lose 20% of your take-home pay, because of tax changes, but you will be paying less into your pension. See www.tesfaq.co.uk/pay for a calculator to look at the changes to your take-home salary.

2. Thank you Tafkam, the calculator is fantastic[​IMG]

3. i asked to go from full time to 0.8 but was unsuccessful (asked for flexible working after maternity leave). They said it wasnt financially viable for them but they would be able to agree to a 0.6 contract. I turned it down at the time as that option was not financially viable for me!!

4. I think you'd probably need to wait until the end of the school year. I asked to change my contract from full time to .6, I was a class teacher. They spent a couple of weeks thinking about it but then agreed. It was quite straight forward, I think it just depends on the current needs of the school. I now teach cover 3 days a week.