1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving onto ups1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by helen_brind, Feb 12, 2012.

1. I am currently trying to understand my application for ups1 but getting really confused and unsure of what to do. Sorry if this is actually easy and I'm missing the point!

My situation is this : I started my 6th year of teaching in sept 2011 on mp6. When can I make my application and what do I do?

2. I am currently trying to understand my application for ups1 but getting really confused and unsure of what to do. Sorry if this is actually easy and I'm missing the point!

My situation is this : I started my 6th year of teaching in sept 2011 on mp6. When can I make my application and what do I do?

3. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Not sure about when you can apply- there should be information out there if you google it, though. I had been on M6 for a whole year, approached my Head in September 2011 and he gave me a form to sign. I signed it, the Governors were approached for approval and the Head sent off a recommendation that I should be moved to UPS, including my performance management forms, I think. That was it!

4. As for as I am aware you need 2 performance manangement cycles with an objective from the UP1 scale that you have acheived during MPS 5 and 6, which shows you are working at UPs and then the movement to UPS should be signed off by the school and you are paid UPs 1. Once you are on on UPs you must have 1 UPs statements at PM each year for UPs2 and 3 and as long as you achieve the PM objectives you move up the UPs scale every 2 years