1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

moving on under stressful circumstances

Discussion in 'Primary' started by laineylou, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Normal

false
    false
    false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-parent:"";
    mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin:0cm;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:10.0pt;
    font-family:"Times New Roman";
    mso-ansi-language:#0400;
    mso-fareast-language:#0400;
    mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

I have been at my current school for a few years - teaching 6 years. Most of
    this time has been filled with patches of bullying and harassment from senior
    colleagues. Our former head made no formal records of my complaints nor did
    they take serious action based on my complaints. However, they did ensure that
    the 'complaints' made against me by the bullies never impacted upon my
    professional development or held me back. Our new head is very close with the
    senior staff that has caused me problems, and while it is said that my concerns
    are taken seriously, the actions dictate otherwise.

I now find myself being taken advantage of more and more, lies are being
    told and believed about me on a regular basis, from all levels of management. I
    am being regularly grilled over my roles and responsibilities and called into 'on
    the spot' meeting with the head, deputy and assistant head where am I
    challenged over things I have allegedly said or done, No one represents or
    supports me in these meetings. It's me against them and what I say is twisted
    out of context.

I am so confused and don’t know what to do. i feel sick and anxious
    constantly.

I am a good/outstanding teacher and I have my PM records to prove this. This
    year I have been given more responsibilities than other staff member earning
    significantly more than I do. I have been given no training or support in these
    roles, I am coping and am on top of everything, but the slightest slip on my
    part is treated as a major failure and I am called into yet another meeting.

There is no one at work I can turn to and I feel the decision has already
    been made to push me out. I have the support of other class teachers who are
    also good friends, but they are fearful to speak out on my behalf in case the
    same treatment is received. I have come the decision to leave, but I am so concerned
    about my reference from the school, will it be fair? How do I make sure it is?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I was going to suggest that you posted this on career clinic, but see that you already have - good move.
    Sounds too serious for me to offer advice - only that you have my sympathy for the situation you find yourself in.
    Probably best to speak to your union for informed advice.

3. Thankyou, I just feel like i need to get all the advice I can. I have spoken to mu union, butI dont want to open a can of worms like that it I dont have to. I feel so isolated. I have never experienced bullying beforeand I dont know how to cope with it. I want to get out asap, but my confidence has taken a major hit.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Your reference has to be factual, so can contain nothing purely malicious.

If it was me, and it isn't, I would simply look for another job. The taking on lots of responsibilities for no reward will be a point in your favour. Big up in your application how you have done those things all on your own as it were.

Look at TLR posts if you have the experience, then being high on the payscale won't be a problem.

Get out before your confidence is destroyed to the point that you can't.