1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving Locations

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by teacher_chris95, Jan 16, 2016.

1. teacher_chris95

teacher_chris95 New commenter

Hello everyone!

I have received an offer to study a PGCE of primary education back in my home town this September in the West Midlands. Ideally, I would love to move back to the north west when I am qualified. I was just wondering if it would be possible to move locations to do your NQT year? Or is it best to do your NQT year and then move locations? Any advice or own experiences would be appreciated.

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

You can apply to any schools you want to, wherever you want to; of course, you may be concerned about time off for travelling to interviews, etc, but many PGCE students apply for posts outside the area in which they're training (I think it's possibly much more common for secondary trainees).

3. Findlotte

Findlotte Established commenter

I was just wondering if it would be possible to move locations to do your NQT year?

Yes, once you have QTS you're free to apply to any school.

4. teacher_chris95

teacher_chris95 New commenter

Thanks for your replies guys. I was wondering how easy it would be to get time off for interviews really to try and do my QTS in a different county, 1 hour and half away. I will be going into Primary :)

5. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

North west is traditionally one of the worst places for finding jobs..be as flexible as you can; even if that means working elsewhere.