1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Moving into SEN teaching

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by steford, Mar 1, 2011.

  1. steford

    steford New commenter

    I am looking to move into teaching in the SEN sector. I have a BA(hons) degree and a PGCE post compulsory education & Training. However i have done this all in sports. I have a lot of experiance from teaching learners with Dyslexia to Autism. Is there a qual i can do that is cheap to gain or should i just hope and apply to jobs in the SEN sector.
    Any help would be great.
  2. dzil

    dzil Occasional commenter

    If you want to teach in mainstream SEN or a special school you must have QTS (qualified teacher status) Not sure if your post compulsory education PGCE would give you this. You may be able to work in the post 16 sector with students with SEN on your current qualifications but not in schools.

Share This Page