1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving into Headship or SLT?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by TheoGriff, Feb 3, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

There are 2 more of these very popular seminars on 18 February, although I believe that one is nearly full.
    For further information and to register please visit:
    www.tesweekendworkshop82.eventbrite.com<font size="2" color="#0000ff"></font>
    The seminars have sessions on the application and the interview, showing you how to present your experience and skills in such a way as to show the appointing panel that you are the candidate with the Leadership potential to fill their role as AHT, DHT or HT/Principal.
    Two of the three sessions in each seminar are normally led by me, and one by a member of the TES Prime team, who act as consultants for Senior Appointments in Schools and Colleges.
    Recent delegates to the Moving into SLT and Headship seminar have said:
    • Excellent, a really good and worthwhile use of half a Saturday
    • Very useful and informative, good opportunities were allowed to reflect
    • I thoroughly enjoyed the sessions, can't wait to put them into practice
    • Extremely useful, great, thanks!
    • Very focussed and practical. Course leaders inspired confidence, lots of practical suggestions.
    • Extremely informative, thank you
    • Brilliant! Very useful and now can focus my attention in the correct way
    • Excellent! Practical exercises useful and interesting.
    • After attending your course, I applied for two DHT posts. I was invited to interview for both but I only had to attend one interview as I got the first job.
    • I got my first Headship, thank you!
    People are contacting us to tell us about getting jobs after the seminars:
    Dear Theo - I got the job!
    • Good news, I managed to secure an Assistant Headteacher post yesterday.
    • I am so glad that I attended the 'Moving into Headship' course - fantastic timing and great advice - got that job!
    • I was at the 'Moving into Headship' seminar and we spoke about my imminent interview. I thought I'd let you know that I was successful! My first interview for Headship, so I'm obviously delighted. The course was very very useful.
    Look forward to seeing you there!
    Best wishes,
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

2. Any chance you could do one in the North West?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, I know it's a pain - and an expense - getting on a coach or train to bowl down to London! We have had people come to us from North Yorkshire, and although they were very anxious to come, and glad that they did, they would have preferred it in Manchester..
    But the problem is that it would cost a great deal more because the presenters and admin would have to travel up the day before (so no cheap day returns), be put up in a hotel, fed, and most certainly paid for their extra time.
    And on top of that, TES would have to hire premises for the seminars, whereas TES Towers in Holborn is free.
    If we were running big events in a massive hall with 50 or 100 people, it would be shared out. But we have these seminars deliberately with low numbers - max about 16 or 18 - so that you can all feel more involved, feel free to ask questions, etc.
    And so you can't skulk in the back of the classroom tweeting.
    Best wishes,
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just today had an e-mail from someone who has got a SLT post: "I got the job. Thank you so much! Your support was essential. They were blown away by the letter!"
    [​IMG]
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th and the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 18th February
    www.tesweekendworkshop82.eventbrite.com