1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving in third term of NQT

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by nicolaclairesmit, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Hi, I'm just looking for some advice. I started at a school in October and completing my NQT. I am currently on track but looking at moving locations due to family and friends and cost of living. So wanting to apply for other positions for Sept 2019 start. Problem is my third term is due to run until end of October due to when I started.

Would I be able to leave the school and complete the third term in another still ending in October as stated. Or will a new school make me start the third term over again?

2. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

As far as I know, you would have completed two terms at your current school and would have one term to finish at the new school. However, that's not a bad thing - remember that, as an NQT, you get an extra 10% non-contact time compared to other teachers.

sooooexcited and peter12171 like this.
  3. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

This.

4. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

There is an option of an interim assessment for teachers leaving before a third full term is completed. The paperwork is transferred to your new appropriate body and the induction just continues from there. It requires the school you are leaving to complete the appropriate paperwork- do contact the AB to sort out.