1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving from temp to perm contract - pay rise...?

Discussion in 'Independent' started by pedromendes, Nov 27, 2011.

1. I started at my school as an NQT in February this year, covering a maternity leave. The school have just offered me a perm contract, to start when the person on maternity leave returns (by which point I will have completed my NQT year). All good news! BUT...
    At what point can I expect an official pay raise (i.e. a jump from my current M1 to M2)? Can I ask to start my perm contract on M2, and then expect another jump to M3 in the autumn of 2012?
    Not sure what I can expect to happen as a result of the normal rules governing teachers pay, and what is reasonable to ask for.
    Thanks!

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Teachers on the MPS - whether temporary or permanent - receive each increment in September. You can't 'ask' for an additional increment merely because you've been made permanent.

3. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

Although since this is an independent school (well I presume since it's on the independent forum) they are not bound by the same regulations. Nothing ventured nothing gained! The worst they can do is say no!