1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving from state sector to independant education

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by sallymorson793, Apr 21, 2020.

1. sallymorson793

sallymorson793 New commenter

Hi Everyone,

I hope that you are well and keeping safe.

I have had a very successful teaching career at the same school for the past 14 years.

Due to downsizing in our dept I am now looking for work and have seen I job I would love at a private school.

Does anyone have any advise about how to 'sell' my achievements with students in an area of high deprivation to the new school?

Due to differences in assessment and structure am I OK to use the language I am used to in my application?

Any advise about this topic would be most welcome!

Sally

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

You need to show how your skills, experience and knowledge fit what they need. Read the JD etc carefully. Study the website and remember that it is a marketing tool far more than is usual in the maintained sector. You can get an interesting and biased view from Mumsnet as well. One thing: do check your spelling, as advise and independant would already have jeopardised an application to at least three HTs I have known.