1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving from Secondary to FE- advice needed!

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by foxys_folk_faced, Feb 20, 2012.

1. foxys_folk_faced

foxys_folk_faced New commenter

Hi everyone,
    I have been teaching Music in a secondary school for 5 years now and whilst this has been mostly enjoyable, it has always been my preference to work full time in FE. For the 5 years at my school I have taught key stage 5 and have been in charge of planning/delivering A level music and so I have a good amount of KS5 experience.

A job has recently appeared for a college which I am applying for but I was hoping to get a little advice on a few things. Are there any different questions I should be prepared for in interview for FE compared to schools? What areas is it best to focus on in my covering letter?

Just any general advice would be really appreciated as I am still very much in "school mode" rather than college!

Thanks

2. foxys_folk_faced

foxys_folk_faced New commenter

Hi everyone,
    I have been teaching Music in a secondary school for 5 years now and whilst this has been mostly enjoyable, it has always been my preference to work full time in FE. For the 5 years at my school I have taught key stage 5 and have been in charge of planning/delivering A level music and so I have a good amount of KS5 experience.

A job has recently appeared for a college which I am applying for but I was hoping to get a little advice on a few things. Are there any different questions I should be prepared for in interview for FE compared to schools? What areas is it best to focus on in my covering letter?

Just any general advice would be really appreciated as I am still very much in "school mode" rather than college!

Thanks