1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

moving from main scale to upper pay scale

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by clair24, Apr 20, 2012.

1. hi everyone,
    just wondering if you can help me. I'm currently on M5 moving to M6 in September. Do i need to apply for UPS in september for the following year or the September after? I'll be grateful for any advice on this.
    Thank you

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Previously you would apply while in your MPS6 year to progress through threshold. At present things are rather up in the air with the advent of the 'master teacher' and no one being certain of where that sits within the pay structure.

3. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

As DaisyLot points out, change is in the air. Under the old rules, you could apply any time, by a letter or very short form, between September 2012 and October 2013. If I were you, I would leave it for a while to see what happens. If nothing is announced (unlikely IMO) then apply in the first half of 2013.

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

When is your M6 year PM review due?

5. thank you.
    my m6 PM will be next year, my M5 PM will take place in the summer term which will be successful (hopefully!).

6. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

You can make your application at any point when you are on M6, but any decision will be made after your M6 PM review has been finalised.