1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving from London to Kent

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by michrob1, Jun 16, 2015.

1. I have been working this year as a supply teacher (primary) in London and have really enjoyed it, getting work almost every day I have wanted it. I am only with one agency, which has multiple offices in London and others dotted about the country. I haven't had any of the horror stories I have read about agencies... yes they have their moments but on the whole they've got me day to day supply in local schools in my preferred age range. None of this umbrella company nonsense either. However, over the summer I am moving out to Kent and want to see if there are opportunities to continue supply out there... does anyone work in this area? Which agencies are you with? The one I use does have an office in Kent but it seems to be much quieter than London and of course - different staff could make it a completely different experience! I'll be in Medway area, like I said primary qualified, KS2 experienced, day to day work only.... anyone any wisdom to share?

2. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Hi michrob1,

Medway- would that be Dartford?

I know of one teacher who lives in Dartford area who is regularly asked to work in Plumstead, Woolwich, Bexley.

As for supply in other parts of Kent (rather than Bexley) I am sorry I don't have a clue.

SAL

3. Hi,

Yes, not quite Dartford but yes in that general direction. I had a feeling there might be work more towards SE London, but that is quite far from where I'll be based, especially in rush hour traffic.

I have set up an interview with an agency that I found out a few schools near my new home use, and they tell me they have more demand than teachers - not sure how much I believe that, but we'll see.

4. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Ah, I wish you every success.

SAL

5. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

I shall send you a message.