1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving from independent to state sector

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by Caro27, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Caro27

Caro27 New commenter

Hi everyone
    I'm currently a Head at an independent primary school and have been considering moving back to the state sector. Do you think this is a possible move? Many state schools believe the independent sector is out of date but that simply isn't the case. In some ways we are under more pressure to ensure we are up to date with the latest initiatives to keep fee paying parents happy and to ensure we attract interest from prospective new families. What advice would you give me about applying for a primary headship in a state school? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I'm not a Head, but have moved back to State from Indie.
    The grass is not greener.
    I'd go back to indie in a heartbeat.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Are you insane?????
    Other than to relocate to a remote area with no independent schools anywhere withing 90mins drive, I'd not consider moving back for all the tea in China.
    Definitely not as a head.

Sorry, yest it is possible and there aren't too many people wanting to be heads in the state sector, so you should be able to find a post reasonably easily.

agathamorse likes this.