1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving from FS to Year 1 :S

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lulu2603, Jun 21, 2011.

1. I'm moving from my beloved Foundation Stage to Year One in September, to a new school. Was under the impression I was staying in FS but recently discovered that the FS teacher has decided to stay but the Year One teacher was leaving. I'm open to change especially from FS2 to Year one to see the transition, but as this is only my fourth year teaching I am a little nervous.
    My new school is an International School and the head has said I am free to teach whatever topics I like. He is keen to introduce some change and is happy for me to implement it which I am quite excited about.
    So I was wondering if some lovely, wonderful teacher would be able to inspire me with a list of possible topics and how you break up your teaching day :)
    Thanks so much x

2. I'm moving from my beloved Foundation Stage to Year One in September, to a new school. Was under the impression I was staying in FS but recently discovered that the FS teacher has decided to stay but the Year One teacher was leaving. I'm open to change especially from FS2 to Year one to see the transition, but as this is only my fourth year teaching I am a little nervous.
    My new school is an International School and the head has said I am free to teach whatever topics I like. He is keen to introduce some change and is happy for me to implement it which I am quite excited about.
    So I was wondering if some lovely, wonderful teacher would be able to inspire me with a list of possible topics and how you break up your teaching day :)
    Thanks so much x

3. you'll have transition stage in the first term anyway where you'll continue like FS by doing group work and gradually introduce whole class work. Keep it practical, have a lot of areas set out for them to do:
    topics on the NC include:
    Toys
    Light
    Materials
    Seaside
    Plants
    Ourselves
    Local Area
    you'll be fine!