1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving down from Leadership Spine to Upper Pay Scale?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by kinglard, Sep 4, 2011.

1. kinglard

kinglard New commenter

I was on U1 before being promoted in my school to Assistant Head and so am now on the Leadership pay scale. After 4 years as AHT (and having filled in my Outlook calendar for the year...) I am considering a move back to classroom based teaching. However, the move to and then progression up the Leadership scale means that I haven't applied to move onto U2 or U3 in the past few years. I guess I'd go back to U1 and that AHT experience would be used to move up to U2 at the next opportunity. Does anyone have experience of this or could clarify? Much appreciated!

2. kinglard

kinglard New commenter

I was on U1 before being promoted in my school to Assistant Head and so am now on the Leadership pay scale. After 4 years as AHT (and having filled in my Outlook calendar for the year...) I am considering a move back to classroom based teaching. However, the move to and then progression up the Leadership scale means that I haven't applied to move onto U2 or U3 in the past few years. I guess I'd go back to U1 and that AHT experience would be used to move up to U2 at the next opportunity. Does anyone have experience of this or could clarify? Much appreciated!

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Nobody applies to move up the scale; it happens as part of the annual pay review.

An appointing school would be able to place you anywhere on the upper scale if it chose, but would only be required to place you on U1 and then wait the two years for progression to be considered.