1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving between Local Authority areas

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by peppermint25, Nov 20, 2011.

1. peppermint25

peppermint25 New commenter

Hello Bob,

You are not tied to your local authority, although it is a lot easier to get supply/ job opportunities in the authority your were trained in. I was a probationer last year and have spent the last 6 months trying to get back to the central belt. It has been quite a lengthy process and it has taken me from June to get applications, interviews and checks done to get on the supply lists I want to be on. Fortunately, I recently went for an interview for a full time position and was successful so am over the moon to finally make my move back to Glasgow!

All the jobs in Scotland are advertised on myjobscotland or tes. Some local authorities advertise only internally so you will not see any jobs posted from these councils -Stirling, Dundee, Glasgow and North Lanarkshire, maybe a few others. My advice is about June time try and start the ball rolling for getting on supply lists, as if it is like this year it may take a while.

2. I did my probation year in one LA and was almost automatically put onto their supply list. I live in a different LA and just applied for their supply (and jobs) and have mostly worked for them since.