1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving back to Wales - advice on job hunting wanted please

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by Inkblot, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Inkblot

Inkblot New commenter

Hi, I am a Welsh-speaking, Welsh person who has been living in the North West of England for the last twenty years. I would dearly love to go home as my parents are getting older and I want to be nearer them to help if I can. I've been looking for jobs on TES but nothing much seems to come up in Wales. Is there a separate Welsh site that I am missing, or should I go through individual Learning Authority sites? I am quite versatile - primary trained (through the medium of Welsh), but have been SENCo at a large secondary school for last fifteen years and have also experience of teaching English Language and Literature to GCSE. I am quite happy with any of these - just want to go home!

Any advice you could offer would be gratefully received.

2. rmr09

rmr09 New commenter

Lots of jobs in Wales seem to be posted on 'Eteach' rather than Tes for some reason. My local authority (Ceredigion) puts vacancies on their website. Perhaps send off some letters to schools in the area you are interested in relocating to. Pob lwc!

3. Inkblot

Inkblot New commenter

Diolch yn fawr, rmr09. I will have a good look on Eteach later on today. I have started looking around different local authority websites and I am relieved that there are jobs around- just not on TES. Good idea about letter writing too, will also write to the LAs - never know your luck. Thank you very much for responding to me, really useful advice :)