1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving and Teaching DT in Australia

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by ldevi, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Hi can anybody help please?
    I am thinking about moving to Australia and just needed to know the situation with DT in their secondary schools. Does anyone know of any useful links for wages, vacancies, visa procedures, scale etc, I would really appreciate it as I seem to be struggling.
    Many Thanks LDevi
    [​IMG]

2. hey, i went to an Australian expo a couple of years ago in london and they are desparate for DT teachers. I am actally an Art teacher but i have been teaching dt the past couple of years so it seams i have managed to get a posible sponsership. I am currently applying for this sponsership. The best advice i can tell you is to go to one of the expo's they have in london it was very informative and also helpfull.

good luck

3. richwatts

richwatts New commenter

Hi
    I am looking for the same info, Do you remember what the expo was called or what time of year or the venue? I could do a web search for the info. That sounds like a great place to start.
    Thanks

4. richwatts

richwatts New commenter

Hi did you ever find out about moving to oz? did you go? if so how easy was it to find work? I want to go mysel, i see you post is quite old now tho.
    Cheers