1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving abroad straight after PGCE to the UAE/Middle East tips please!!

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by Zainabjama24, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Zainabjama24

Zainabjama24 New commenter

Hi,

I’m a primary pgce student currently and I want to move abroad straight after my PGCE is complete this summer but it is looking impossible so far!! I have been applying for jobs day in and out and haven’t received any response at all. I’ve seen online that a lot of people have moved abroad straight after their pgce was complete and had no troubles finding an a NQT position in the UAE/Middle East.

If anyone has moved abroad straight after their pgce can you please help me with some websites/agencies which are best for applying for jobs. Also, when is the best time to apply?

For those in my position and have success with jobs/interviews for the UAE/Middle East please do let me know how you managed to get there, what websites you used/agencies.

Also any CV advice would be great!

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Try posting in "Teaching Overseas"....

3. kirby42

kirby42 New commenter

As far as I'm aware, you can only complete your NQT year abroad with schools who are registered with the COBIS. Maybe you could try checking their site.

4. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I have sent you one of those TES Conversations.