1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MoviestarPlanet - safe or scary?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by foxyferrari, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Just uncovered mass use (at home) in Y4/5 of a chat site for 8-13 year olds called MoviestarPlanet. Some serious bullying and threatening is going on via the site which is impacting on classroom life too. I was able to log on, get a user identity and password and was into a chatroom in about 4 minutes - so it's not exactly secure as I could have been anyone. Has anyone else had experience of this site?

2. Just uncovered mass use (at home) in Y4/5 of a chat site for 8-13 year olds called MoviestarPlanet. Some serious bullying and threatening is going on via the site which is impacting on classroom life too. I was able to log on, get a user identity and password and was into a chatroom in about 4 minutes - so it's not exactly secure as I could have been anyone. Has anyone else had experience of this site?

3. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

My 9 year old daughter goes on this site. I think it's pretty dreadful, but the area she goes on isn't anything that would worry me and make me stop her from being on the site. She just does an awful dressing up game.
    She doesn't go into the chatroom, so I wasn't really aware of that side of it. She's been on the Moshi Monster site for ages, and I've trained her to only accept as friends those members that she knows in real life.
    I don't think any of her friends use the MoviestarPlanet chatroom (they send each other messages via the Moshi Monster site or the school Learning Platform), but after reading the OP, I'd be wanting to read anything that she posted or received if she did ask to go in the chatroom.