1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Movies, so bad they'll NEVER be good!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by bobvincent, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Love Actually was awful. I was expecting the different threads to link together like Altman's Short Cuts, but they didn't. Never even tried.Just smug, slushy, very British. Richard Curtis gets worse but richer with every film.

2. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Mama mia.

3. Yes- Fabulous songs, fine actors but a **** film.
    Also Evita- stifling without dialogue

4. mickymilan

mickymilan New commenter

There's a film called F which is about hoodies breaking into a school and killing the teachers. It is without doubt the worst film I have ever seen

5. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Gawd, yes! Awful, toe curling and unpleasant.

6. Ha. Was about to write something like that myself. I call it 'Smug Actually'.
    We have a channel called Movies 24 which is crammed full of terrible, terrible films so I suppose I could pick some from there, but no-one would know them.
    I know quite a few people like Pretty Woman, but i think it's rotten. Really really dreadful. Grease 2 is a woeful classic.

7. I think what makes a film truly awful, despite the quality of its stars and director, is the script- if things seem unbelievable and we can't suspend our belief. It just doesn't seem right or ring true. But what do we know? Love Actually and Mamma Mia made millions. Some people, many people, will pay to watch ANYTHING.

8. It's all a matter of taste...
    I enjoy some right old tosh, tv-wise. Oh, and I actually paid to watch GI Joe at the cinema. I plead insanity, and lack of choice at a time I just wanted to be in the cinema watching a film, any film.

9. Similarly....has anyone seen cherry tree lane? If you haven't I really wouldn't bother! Possibly the most awful film I have ever watched from start to finish. Looking back, I can't even believe we watched the whole thing!

10. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Just remembered another one: "I bought a Vampire Motorcycle". It's as bad as it sounds. I'd had a crush on Neil Morrissey when I was a teenager (I loved him in Boon), so I went to see this because he was in it. I soon wished that I hadn't bothered. Dreadful film.

11. Well I wouldn't know where to start but generally speaking if it's a romcom or has vampires it's a load of **** as far as I am concerned.
    I hated Avatar, Matrix something or other, Knight and Day, Salt, The Expendables- all absolutely awful. But my prize award goes to "The Road" - absolute tripe (cue someone posting that it's fantastic and the best film ever.

12. star_bright

star_bright New commenter

P.S. I Love You
    It may be a very good film, the first and only 15 minutes I watched, were not.

13. On Syfy now... Mega Python Vs Gatoroid.... Starring Debbie Gibson and Tiffany and they're also co-producers.... Six minutes in and its not looking good....

14. syfy films are fabulously awful. My fave is mega shark vs giant octopus (or something along those lines).

15. There is a whole series of mega versus.... All deliciously bad... But Debbie and Tiffany are just dreadful tonight. Bit like a train wreck actually, can't look away no matter how bad it is getting....

16. inq

inq

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (70's version) stands out as one I wish I hadn't sat through!

17. Debbie Gibson's character: I think we're alone now.

Tiffany's character: There doesn't seem to be anyone around. -- IMDb Quotes: Mega Python vs. Gatoroid (2011)

Cringe...

18. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

There's a pretty awful film on ITV2 at the moment - Holiday - a crappy romcom with Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz and Jude Law. Mr C left it on when he was channel hopping and then promptly cleared off. I've only got it on in the background while I'm working on the laptop, but the bits that I've heard or seen all seem rubbish.

19. I enjoyed that film!

20. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Maybe I'd have got into it if I'd paid a bit more attention. It does seem very cliched though, and the snow in the country lanes at the beginning was so fake. I've seen better snow on kids TV.