1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

move from secondary Sen to eyfs

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by griffi2000, Oct 19, 2015.

1. woolly2000

woolly2000 New commenter

I have working in my current post as a secondary teacher in a special needs school for 8 years. My move to secondary phase happened was not planned but happened when I took a job in a special school. I was originally primary trained and worked for 4 years in key stage 2. At this stage I am really missing primary teaching and would particularly like to move to eyfs. I applied for many jobs as a reception teacher in my early days of teaching but because my experience was with ks2 I never got an

missbrakes likes this.
  2. woolly2000

woolly2000 New commenter

this posted before I could finish writing - I never got an interview for ks1/ early years as my experience was in ks2 so I am assuming that I am even more unlikely to get one now. Is there any thing I could do to gain experience in this phase? I currently work 3 days so I could volunteer/ try to find supply for one day a week? Or would it be useful to do a course? I currently teach below NC level 1 and so have experience of teaching phonics, early reading and numicon. Any suggestions would be great

missbrakes likes this.
  3. missbrakes

missbrakes New commenter

Hi
    I am currently in a similar situation to you, I have trained and taught in both secondary school and college. However I would like to re direct to EYFS. If you do mange to find any courses or information on this I would be so grateful if you can update me please.

Thanks
    Terri

griffi2000 likes this.
  4. teacha

teacha Occasional commenter

I transferred from secondary to primary and haven't looked back! I started off by doing lots of primary supply through agencies, which led to primary jobs. Supply is a great way to learn how everything is done. Good luck!

griffi2000 likes this.