1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Move from maintained sector - case study sought

Discussion in 'Independent' started by HelenBeckett01, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Has anyone recently moved from the maintained sector to the Independent sector and adapted their application or interview style in order to win the post? The TES Magazine would love to profile your experience in a forthcoming feature. Please contact Helen on helen.r.beckett@btinternet.com to share your story with other teachers.
    Thanks

2. Has anyone recently moved from the maintained sector to the Independent sector and adapted their application or interview style in order to win the post? The TES Magazine would love to profile your experience in a forthcoming feature. Please contact Helen on helen.r.beckett@btinternet.com to share your story with other teachers.
    Thanks

3. I have done the move this summer but my interview style was the same as any maintained sector job.

4. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Same here. I did consider very carefully at the hairdresser's the weekend before, whether that shade of red would get me disqualified straightaway, then thought that if they didn't like me the way I am, I wouldn't be happy working there! It was rather risqué, but they looked past it. [​IMG]

5. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

Made the move, but my application was almost the same (as in tweaked to fit the school like I would do for any application) and my interview technique was the same - their technique wasn't though. Didn't have to teach a lesson and my interview with the head was more of an informal chat than any kind of interview I've been in. I was in and out of the school in 90min.

6. Thanks everyone who has contributed feedback on this topic both in and out of the forums - been really helpful.
    Helen

7. what i will say is that my interview was much more relaxed than any state school interview and the questions were tailored to my application rather than asking each the candidate the same questions which i hate!