1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Motivation in Media Studies

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by rosiefudge, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Hi all Media Studies/Film Studies Teachers,

I am a PGCE students and I am currently writing about motivation in media studies for my masters research essay. So I was wondering if anyone could help and fancied responding to this question: How do you motivate your media studies students?

Any answers would be welcome.

Thank you all in advance.

Rosie

2. Hi
    I have just set up a website to promote whats going on in media studies and so far it seems to be having a very positive effect (http://swanwickhallmedia.weebly.com), seeing other students work and the possibility of having your own work posted on the website is creating a real buzz about my subject and getting students to work extra hard adding the polish to their videos (although Im aware I haven't got much on the site yet). For the prop films, I will be having a prop film awards ceremony soon where students will receive mini oscars for their achievements. It's difficult to pinpoint one thing that motivates other than making it the most exciting curriculum that it possibly can be. I havent had much success with competitions so that's something I want to work on (a radio station podcast for example).
    Good luck with the research! Doug

3. Thank you Doug, this is great. Thanks for the advice. Rosie

Anyone got anymore?

4. I thought Media Studies was a non-subject now dears? Why not teach classics like I do? We can't all be Tarantino or Spielberg, dears.

5. No, dear. Honest.

6. Tarantino and Spielberg make classics.