1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moths and Gnats

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impulce, Aug 14, 2012.

1. They are EVERYWHERE and I HATE them. It's not so much a fear - I know they won't hurt me and if I can see them sitting still I'm relatively unbothered, but they just flap around all over the place and get in your face and hair and bleuurgghh. I can't leave them there because sooner or later they will start flapping around and I can't take the risk! I have to kill every last one before I can sleep.
    We made the mistake of leaving the door open and kitchen light on...I just went in and it was HELL. I waved the handheld dyson around like a mad woman before being divebombed by a huge moth and calling for help!

2. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

I don't like moths because they want to eat my teddy bears.
    I don't like gnats because they try to eat me.

3. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Fear of some spiders I can understand. An aversion to having your blood sucked by gnats and mossies I agree with. But moths do not do any harm (some of their larvae may eat things you don't want them to) but moths themselves you can grab in your hand and throw out of a window. I like moths.

4. angiebabe

angiebabe Occasional commenter

Good to know have a soft side Jacob[​IMG]
    I have a big spider living in my bath at the moment. He disappeared yesterday but is back in the bath today.

5. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

My daughter used to have a problem with moths and if one came into her room would call me to take it out.
    She was cured after a jungle expedition. Nothing bothers her nowadays.

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

The only moths I hate are clothes moths, but clothes moths seem to love Belle Towers. This is war! [​IMG]