1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

mothers

Discussion in 'Personal' started by giraffe, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Similar here to you CelticQ although I hadn't lost my father but gained two sets of step parents - although the second a lot later. Unfortunately while I love my Mum, that side of my family are very self-centred, b.*chy and two-faced. Also in my 30's but I can't discuss anything personal without knowing it goes throughout my family within the week. My trust was lost in my teens when seeing things first hand against an older sister.

2. Hi FigmentOfYourImagination

Absolutely no offence taken. There is "no one size fits all" in any relationship especially with either parent and child! I absolutely adored my mum however whilst I loved my father the "balance/shift" of the relationship between us was different compared to that of one of my sisters. She had the complete opposite to me - adored our father but loved our mother.

Best wishes to both you and your family.