1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mother's Day

Discussion in 'Personal' started by delmamerchant, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

The madness is that we were born. Intelligent parents wouldn't have five kids if they couldn't support them.

It's tragic how the very people who need to take note of good advice are often preoccupied with the trivia of life.

Why are all the important issues aired on Radio 4 to people who already know not to do such things while meantime the very ones who should be listening are tuned into drivel on Radio 2?

It's probably to make the informed middle classes feel better about themselves. While the needy are somaed up on radio nonsense.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  2. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

Here Here for certain.

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

My Mum was asked by her neighbour if she had received a card from her grandson ( my son )because she had received one from hers. She may be 90 ( the neighbour ) but it's all about point scoring and making someone feel inadequate. Unfortunately where I don't give one my Mother does and the conversation bothered her - doh !

4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Why would your grandchildren send you a card??? It makes no sense!!!

5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I know !!!!!

6. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Still.

You know what to do next year @minnie me

Send your mother a very fancy card purporting to come from your son and then she can brag about it to her neighbour! :rolleyes: