1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mothers' Day Menus

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by bombaysapphire, Apr 2, 2011.

1. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

That sounds lovely. I won't be seeing my Mum on Mother's Day so have sent a card. When I get down to visit for Easter I will take a late present of some homemade creme brulees. In fact she often takes me out so I might offer to take down a full meal to share with her.

2. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

That sounds lovely, Bethannie!
    Tend not to see either of our mothers on Mother's Day, as they both live about 180 miles away, in different directions. My dad always cooks on Sunday though - not phoned home this weekend, so don't know what he's got planned. My sister, her partner and their two little girls will be round though, so it will be a busy time. Hopefully the bugger won't do his usual trick of making a mess on every in the kitchen whilst my mother patrols behind him, anti-bac'ing every available surface!

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Beth, that sounds brilliant! Hope your Mum loves it!
    Mum arrives today and we don't celebrate Mother's Day - never have done.
    Tomorrow the in-laws are coming over for lunch and I don't even know what I'm cooking! They haven't liked Egyptian or Greek food that they've tried in the past and I know Mum won't go for a traditional English roast so I'm going to try and fusion the two together to meet a middle ground. Wish me luck everyone...

4. No Mum to fuss over, gnarrrrr!
    But not receiving anything till May myself, as it is not Mother's Day till May here. Although we have always celebrated both Mother's Days, so I am having lots of cups of tea courtesy of the kids.
    I will be proper spoiled in May and that is when I get my pressie [​IMG]

5. henriette

henriette New commenter

Me neither, Celtic - I' m always a bit down on this day [​IMG]

My 2 brought me coffee and toast in bed this morning - at 8.00!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]