1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mother's Day - CLL ideas for F1/F2

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by choralsongster, Mar 8, 2012.

1. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

Hi, does anyone have any good ideas for CLL activities, mainly reading and writing to theme in with Mother's Day? Particularly for F2. Thanks in anticipation xx

2. At the nursery (and Ive done this in reception too) we are making videos of children talking about their mummies to be played back at tea parties for mums and special ladies. Focusing on story 'Owl babies' asking children why they love their mums and typing up quotes for use in their cards. Children writing their name for the card + greeting as appropriate. Owl babies yields lots of writing opportunities from labelling owls, what was in their nest? speech bubbles - what were the owls saying? writing on black paper as in the book, what colours work on black paper? Relate to their feelings - have they ever been lost? left without their mums/ etc. make a load of little black books for markmaking/story writing. little owl pictures for sticking in books. Initial letters S,P and B for the owl babies' names. Mix up words 'love,mummy, my, I' to be rearranged, Hope that gets you started - they'll be lots more ideas winging your way (pardon the pun) Im sure.
    Eve

3. I LOVE this idea! Will definitely be stealing this for use in my class!! Thank you [​IMG]

4. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

Thanks everyone. Have already done Owl Babies at the beginning of the year. Decided to talk about all the jobs/things our mum's do for us, and then introduce letter writing. They could then write a letter to say thank you for something personal their mum does for them. Thought it would be nice in addition to a card, and have writing for a purpose that can go home.