1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mothers Day cards

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hezzy_pie, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    I have taken over a class last year who had the most amazing, creative teacher and she made some fantastic Mothers Day cards with the children last year! (She cut out a load of high-heeled shoe shapes into cards and they decorated them with beads, glitter etc.)
    I would like my Mothers Day cards to be at least somewhere near as good as hers! So I was wondering if anyone had a nice idea for Mothers Day cards that I could do with my Y2/Y3/Y4 class next week? I could spend up to 1 afternoon on making them.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas
    xx

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. Yes I've looked at those, thank you. There are some lovely ideas for activities...just wanted to know if anyone had a tried and tested idea for a nice card that the children would be able to make themselves.
    xx

4. I've seen some really really lovely ones that were made with those foamy stuff (thinish sheet of foamy stuff, don't know the offical name, sorry!) in flower shapes of various sizes, overlaid (ie a small one in the middle of a larger one) with a shiny thing in the centre (either glitterglue or a sequin or something), and a 'Happy Mother's Day' stamp on the front, with 'Lots of Love' on the inside stamped and child's message also inside.
    The flowers were quite simple, so all could do them, but looked really stylish imho. Should be able to get them in a big bag from hobbycraft if can't order them through school.

5. Last year I made these origami tulips with my year 2 class- some of them found it quite hard but they looked really nice.
    http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/Origami%20Tulip.pdf
    We only made the flower part and used a simple strip of green card or paper for the stem. They drew a vase shape on a card then stuck on the stems and tulips (they made 3 in different colours) as if they were in the vase. Not much prep to do, just cut up lots of pastel paper into squares.
    Hope that helps.

6. forestje

forestje New commenter

Fold a piece of A4 card in half.Draw the outline of a teapot, with the lid on the fold.They cut it out, you staple a teabag inside and they write something to the effect of have a cup of tea with me inside.They can decorate the teapot on both sides and it looks impressive standing up.