1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Most useless or bizarre piece of Ofsted feedback...

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by WD, May 13, 2005.

1. KB2015

KB2015 New commenter

As a supply teacher I entered the school for the first time ever. I was told what classroom to go to and told that the work was ready and waiting for me. Went into my classroom to find no work was left. Kids started piling in followed by the OFSTED inspector.

I started the lesson with a starter on three points they remembered from last lesson.

Ofsted inspector turned around and said that it wasn't a detailed enough learning experience for the students. I agreed and said I did it to see what the students were currently studying so I could produce a lesson that was worthwhile for them. He said that was a brilliant idea but he still didn't agree with it.

I think my open mouth shock ran him out of the room.

Northern_Miss likes this.
  2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

You were unlucky that the OFSTED inspector came in at all. Usually they ask the head if there are any classes being taken by short-term supply and don't bother to go and look at those.

Startedin82 and ATfan like this.
  3. McCahey

McCahey New commenter

Quite a few years ago now, an inspector was so busy telling me about her grandchild - in the middle of my lesson - I couldn't actually teach!

Northern_Miss and ATfan like this.
  4. kennykoalabear

kennykoalabear New commenter

I was told to not be so nervous. It was the way they assumed that I was nervous all the time not just when I’m being observed my the ofsted and head of the academy chain for the first time!

ATfan likes this.
  5. d43587

d43587 New commenter

An outstanding judgement made for EYFS despite the fact the inspector never even went into the Nursery class.
    Although a fantastic outcome, it didn't do us any favours.

Startedin82, Northern_Miss and ATfan like this.
  6. ddavies193

ddavies193 New commenter

Comment from a student about an inspector whilst studying "An Inspector Calls" as the inspector left the room:

"Do you know what sir, I don't think he was a real inspector..."