1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Most ridiculous thing kids have ever asked you

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by bigpedro, Jul 14, 2012.

1. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

"sir, who would win in a fight between you and the headteacher?"
    "sir, why are you a teacher if you don't like kids?" (the response naturally was, "I generally do but there's always exceptions" with a wink)
    "sir, can i borrow your car to drive home and get my dinner money?" (said quite genuinely and not for laughs by a y9)

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

This was asked in my second headship by a pair of Y8 boys: 'Miss, are you married to Mr ______?' (he was one of my deputies).
    I still have no idea whatever why they thought I might be married to him.

3. Mrs_Frog

Mrs_Frog New commenter

"Have you ever seen a constipated giraffe?"
    [​IMG]
    MF x

4. Muttley_in_the_Midlands

Muttley_in_the_Midlands New commenter

These are brilliant!

How about asking the Year 7 tutor group whether there was anyone interested in cricket to go and see Mr xxxx. Likely Lad pipes up, "Well I like cricket but I don't want to play in test matches."

5. shamsh

shamsh Occasional commenter

A boy told me one afternoon that he'd swallowed a (chocolate) Minstrel at lunchtime, he was really worried he was going to die because he'd accidentally swallowed it whole. This was about an hour and a half after lunch and he was 17...surely old enough to realise if he was going to choke it would have been much earlier on?

6. 'What's a clitoris, Miss?. In the middle of a Year 8 lesson on electromagnets.

7. I think kids saying things like this is a reason I love teaching. Never a dull moment!

8. Goldopals

Goldopals New commenter

We were discussing the Ancient Greek Olympics and that athletes competed naked. A year 7 said "So did the Ancient Greeks turn on the TV to see naked people then?"

9. A fifth year pupil asked the TD teacher (whilst doing his coursework for GCSE)
    "how do you spell L.E.D?"

10. I got asked "Miss, how do you spell Literacy?" (I nearly died inside)

11. 'have you ever shared a flat with Bob Hoskins?'
    'Why red pen?'