1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Most ridiculous injury you have had in your life?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Reecedouglas1, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Reecedouglas1

Reecedouglas1 New commenter

I would say

- stabbed in the arm with a pen caused a cut
    .- ran into a roadsign

2. miranda-s

miranda-s New commenter

Broke my little toe by having an out-of-character mini-tantrum after a day of travel stress and kicking my unco-operative suitcase after it tipped over for the millionth time.

Broke the same little toe a year later, falling off a rock into the sea, fully dressed and carrying a handbag full of stuff.

Stuck a gardening fork into my foot.

I got no sympathy whatsoever for any of these injuries, everyone was too busy laughing.

3. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

Broke my glasses and gave myself a black eye running full tilt into a bus shelter in the pouring rain and smashing into the bus stop.

Got lots of sympathy and kindness from fellow bus waitees

4. ThereAreBunniesInMyHead

ThereAreBunniesInMyHead Occasional commenter

Broke my arm playing table tennis.... I was sat in A&E with all these other people who had broken bones playing rugby and football etc. And I had to explain I'd broken mine playing ping pong.

Lalad likes this.
  5. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Fell backwards onto my coccyx going down a skateboard ramp on my nephew's stunt scooter (he dared me...) When the ambulance arrived, the paramadics had misheard my age and thought they were attending a 15-year-old, not a 50-year-old!

Took me a while to live that one down, although the skateboarders in my class were impressed:)

6. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

why do you keep asking these silly questions?

7. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

It wasn't me but I had a girl in my class break her own elbow swinging her tennis racquet. (Same girl once tried to get out of PE by saying her mum had put her PE kit in the microwave to dry it ! )