1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Most expensive hair do !

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ff392, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Said sod it and been to the hairdressers - pleased with the result but gosh expensive !

2. Said sod it and been to the hairdressers - pleased with the result but gosh expensive !

3. More important to have a decent cut - especially for a man.

4. Don't feel bad for a minute about the cost - a good quality haircut will last and keep its shape for ages. Cheap haircuts can therefore be a false economy!

5. Think I'm worth it after a tough year ! A total different look for a new start of my life ...

6. Yes, yes, keep saying it. Convince me that spending a fortune on my horrible hair is the way to go......

7. How expensive?
    I pay about £120 every 6 weeks for my hair. More when having it extended.

8. Have you come to a decision yet, Lily?!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

£25 for a cut and colour in the comfort of my own home...it pays to have a daughter whose pal is a hairdresser. It can, however, take hours as he's a hopeless gossip!

10. Me: Do you want to donate £300 to my hair extension fund?
    Mr L: Well, it needs something doing to it.....
    Knock me over with a feather. Will I ever work him out? Yes, I'm going to have extensions to give it more volume and about 3" more length, so I can have it like I wanted at the outset but failed to grow enough hair of my own for!
    Am slightly concerned about what the hell it will look like when I have the extensions removed after three months. I certainly can't afford to have it done again.

11. wow ! Not as expensive that ! Was £90 !

12. Have not paid for a haircut for around 15 years. Good set of clippers do the trick every time. Such a man of style! [​IMG]

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Even if I had that kind of money to spare nothing would possess me to spend well over £1000 a year on my hair - and that's without counting basics like shampoo and conditioner. Even when I paid full price for getting my hair coloured it would have cost about £500 a year.

14. I'm justifying mine on the basis that my previous annual expenditure amounted to two £30 cuts a year and 6 Superdrug colours @ £5 each.

15. Blimey - we'd have to stop eating if I did that!

16. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I pay just short of £60 every 6 weeks for a cut and blow dry. I shall stop feeling guilty now! [​IMG]

17. £2.49 every six weeks on a can of Pledge.... more if I go for proper beeswax.

18. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Pine or lavender scented?

19. £6, approximately three times a year at a technical college. Cut by students. It takes some time but the cut is always top notch. The student cut it fairly short last time (at my request) into a graduated bob, and I received lots of compliments. It's still hanging beautifully and I may be tempted to go more regularly now to keep it sleek. (I hate going to the hairdressers...I find it a real drag.)
    I paid a lot of money once in a flashy salon - the most I have ever paid for a haircut - and it wasn't what I wanted or asked for. Once I'd washed it the sides were uneven too....[​IMG] I felt very ripped-off.
    My daughter - who likes to be well groomed - has found a local side-street hairdresser, mainly seeing to pensioners, who cuts her hair beautifully. She goes regularly, has it coloured too, and saves a fortune on big salon prices.

20. jeswes

jeswes New commenter

I pay £90 every 10-12 weeks and it always seems like a lot of money!