1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Most dramatic thing that has happened at your school?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Reecedouglas1, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Bentley89

Bentley89 Occasional commenter

I sharted in the chapel.

agathamorse likes this.
  2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

The most dramatic thing that happened at my school will only come to light if they empty the sand out of the long jump pit. ;)

cissy3, TCSC47, lanokia and 5 others like this.
  3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

It was when an alien space-craft landed on the school field. They abducted the entire PE Dept.

agathamorse and (deleted member) like this.
  4. CraigCarterSmith

CraigCarterSmith Established commenter

I had an affair with an older man, I still wanted him but he was loyal to his wife, I decided that i needed to get rid of the wife so i concocted a plan to smear her reputation*

*Possibly......The Crucible

agathamorse and (deleted member) like this.
  5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Their search for intelligent life remains fruitless.

(With apologies in advance to HelenREMfan)

lapinrose, agathamorse and Pomza like this.
  6. lrw22

lrw22 Established commenter

When I was in the sixth form, someone set the fire alarm off during what must have been the school's first ever Ofsted inspection. The year 11s were in the middle of french speaking exams too.

agathamorse likes this.
  7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

- serious response -

We had a bomb planted in the computer lab targeting Kuwaiti refugees during the 1990 Gulf War.

We didn't take it very seriously at the time however.

agathamorse likes this.
  8. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Reece, I just wondered, what are you studying? What sort of career are you thinking of?

9. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

Our entire school was beamed up by an alien spaceship and transported to the planet Zagoniata which orbits a K0III class star called locally as Birumtianian on the edge of the Cergrumbion nebula.

That was back in 1971, I only got back last week.:eek:

Dragonlady30, nomad and agathamorse like this.
  10. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Lol! Bit of a giveaway!

nomad and agathamorse like this.
  11. bumchuckle

bumchuckle Occasional commenter

Where do I start? Well, after we found out that Voldermort was controlling Professor Quirrell so he could get his hands on the Philosopher's Stone, it all pretty much took off after that. But I can't say much more, I don't want to identify the school I'm working at.

12. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

There was a teacher who lived in a caravan on site. He had a mysterious past and sometimes people came and went walking with him, and they spoke Hungarian.
    Once a smiley man with glasses came and then Mr Prideaux disappeared for several days.

Or perhaps I read too much John Le Carre

monicabilongame and agathamorse like this.
  13. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Then he says on his next one about becoming a teacher, that he is one! Clockwork threads!

TCSC47 and agathamorse like this.
  14. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Whatever, -- I am going to bite. So many things funny and sad I could write about.

Our HT obtained an Avon jet engine from Rolls Royce. Quite a historic jet engine and for a description see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Avon

As a science / physics teacher I used to take my class outside where it was kept and pull off its covering to talk about it. I was never sure of the educational value of this, apart from everybody having an excuse for a break from the classroom on a sunny day, me included. Anyway, my students seemed happy about it and most listened to my spiel.

Our HT was always on the look out for finances (ahead of his time in that) and sold it to a scrap merchant for £4000. A few months later, Rolls Royce came knocking at the door for their engine back. Apparently they had only loaned the engine to us! Big LOLs from unsympathetic staff. I never found out how he got out of the hole he had dug.