1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Morocco...is it safe?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Oct 29, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Yes, if you take the necessary precautions. Don't dress in revealing clothes, show your midriff, very short skirts, low-cut tops etc. I would be more afraid of the cobras in Djma al-fnaa than the local men!!

Morocco is a beautiful country, if I were you, I would go to the trouble of finding a good reliable taxi-driver who is also a guide, that way you'll see some of the country safely. I do have a contact in Marrakesh, but not elsewhere. When are you thinking of going?

2. I've been to Morocco twice. The first time to Fez with my husband, it is beautiful, really interesting but scary!! We stayed in the most amazing riad which was a haven at the end of a busy day, I felt hassled and stared at all day!
    The second time we travelled up the west caost, north of Agadir; we met my son who was travelling in a van for three months. The coast is beautiful, empty and dirty! You don't see this until you're on the beach which is littered with plastic bottles etc. The small towns are also full of rubbish, they do not have rubbish collections as we have here.
    I'm sure a nice hotel in Fez, Marrakech or Essaouira, for example would be lovely though I defintely wouldn't go as a female on my own. [​IMG]

3. mushroomz

mushroomz New commenter

Thanks Lapin and Gig! Always useful to have different perspectives!