1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MORNINGTON CRESCENT

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by tafkam, Jun 12, 2007.

1. seakay

seakay New commenter

(In an aside I'd just like to say that this is the first ever topic I've hotlisted!!! I love Mornington Crescent!!)

2. OckhamsRazor

OckhamsRazor New commenter

No, you left a way out - Queen's Park...

3. ian60

ian60 New commenter

You are all sounding very smug with yourselves, but in my day the Piccaddily line did not stop at Turhnam Green during the week!

So that has left Rayners Lane open for most of the week.

Or am I showing my age?

4. OckhamsRazor

Putney Bridge then - given we're revisiting places from my childhood (though my childhood is more recent than yours methinks...).

5. Excellent, I thought we were due another game.....

Much as I hesitate to leave my laterals wide open....

QUEX ROAD.

6. seakay

seakay New commenter

I'm going to have to go with Sudbury Hill

7. OckhamsRazor

Borough... that's the night watchman rule... sleep well all!

8. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Ordinarily of course, OckahsmRazor would be right to presume that no further play could be made until daylight. However, if he'd checked back a few pages, he'd have seen that we did indeed 'go Mainline' for a while, so all-nights are allowed. Hence:

COCKFOSTERS

Let's see what he makes of that upon his return, hehe

9. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

swansea.....

10. No no no no no! You'd best go back to Cockfosters and try that move again, Daisyslot.

11. Actually I think Daisy is okay with Swansea. The Mainline variation into Wales came into play last night.

Didcot Parkway

Should move us back...

12. Well, if you're going to make up silly rules, I'm going to take us back to Dollis Hill (so put that in your pipe and smoke it.)

13. ChilePhilly

ChilePhilly New commenter

AH HA
    Didcot Parkway...

McLaren's 3 Stop rule.....

MORNINGTON CRESCENT!!!

14. D@mn it, ChilePhilly - I wish I'd been up early enough to spot that. Yes, you've won, but only 'cos of this d@mned mainline variant. Swansea! Didcot! Russell would be turning in his grave.

Tafkam, I propose a new game, using traditional rules with no variants more radical than DLR extensions.

So, to start off, with that most traditional of openings (Donovan,1967):
    GOODGE STREET

15. OckhamsRazor

Chile, you win this time - but I'm afraid, as footyteacher says, it's only because you took into account a random declaration of mainline variant which hadn't been agreed in committee 'Each individual instance of the game where a mainline variant is requested or required must be referred in the first instance to the co-ordinating committee and in the second instance to central management.'

Anyway, on with a new game - and I'll respond with a Jubilee gambit... RICHMOND

16. ChilePhilly

ChilePhilly New commenter

Wow, a Jubilee gambit. A brave move sir.

but then if we're going to play dangerously...

QUEX ROAD

17. You lot are all weird (or display genius) (or both).

Elephant and Castle???

18. invincible

invincible New commenter

OH! You're playing that old chestnut, are you?

Get thyself out to UPMINSTER!

19. Umm. Gillespie Road

I'll get my coat