1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MORNINGTON CRESCENT

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by tafkam, Jun 12, 2007.

1. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

It's about time another game were played, I feel.

Because we always have problems with folk not knowing the rules at first (and we always want to welcome newbies) I suggest standard British rules rather than any international variations. I'll get the ball rolling with:

TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD

2. tafkam

It's about time another game were played, I feel.

Because we always have problems with folk not knowing the rules at first (and we always want to welcome newbies) I suggest standard British rules rather than any international variations. I'll get the ball rolling with:

TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD

3. Turnham Green

4. St John's Wood

5. ST John's Wood so early in the game? Risky strategy, but if that's the way you want to play it ...
    ONGAR!

6. tafkam

HARROW-ON-THE-HILL

7. tafkam

(Incidentally, I thought St John's Wood was a sensible call - rules out any Salisbury Twists later in the game, so keeps it simpler)

8. Cockfosters

9. Yeah, yeah, true, but St John's Wood wipes out the entire Northern Line until Dagenham or Barking, so, if I can't have Finchley Central, I'll have to go FINCHLEY ROAD.

10. Okay, let's make things a bit easier and bring a few stations back into play:

Gant's Hill

11. Sorry, but I've never heard of it before - aside from this site and even then I've never had a clue about what's going on!

12. tafkam

You let yourself be bulled there, wibble, and I've a feeling that was a clever trick by footyteacher!

We'll see what he does after:

SEVEN SISTERS

13. tafkam

Just try joining in shake, we'll help you if you go wrong. We're a nice enough bunch, surely :eek:)

14. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Um...

Kings Cross?

15. Good play Daisy...

WHITE CITY

16. {Sigh...] I get SO fed up with people always playing so safe. Come on you lot - how about a few more daring, up-to-date moves?

Canada Water.

17. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

i dont know the rules..... or how i know if i have answered right or not....

can someone please send me the assessment criteria? :p

Um.....

Marylebone

18. tafkam

I don't believe you, Daisy

FARRINGDON

(PS, did you see me mention your name on another thread recently?)

19. Covent Garden

I've no idea really but I've always longed to play Mornington Crescent

20. Standard British Rules - from which year? Does that include the DLR convention?

Heron Quays