1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Morning Check-in?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by enigma87, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Hi folks

I am meeting my new (and first ever) class next week and would like to incorporate a morning check-in system that we can pick up on later in a Circle Time. I've seen printable happy/sad faces or a list of emotions that pupils can stick their names beside but I'm stumped as to where I can find such a thing. I've tried the usual suspects of **********, ****** and Teacher's Pet but to no avail. Maybe I'm using the wrong search term as there's hundreds of different posters etc. on these sites. Any suggestions please?

Thanks for your help!

2. Hi folks

I am meeting my new (and first ever) class next week and would like to incorporate a morning check-in system that we can pick up on later in a Circle Time. I've seen printable happy/sad faces or a list of emotions that pupils can stick their names beside but I'm stumped as to where I can find such a thing. I've tried the usual suspects of **********, ****** and Teacher's Pet but to no avail. Maybe I'm using the wrong search term as there's hundreds of different posters etc. on these sites. Any suggestions please?

Thanks for your help!

3. something like this?
    http://www.**********.co.uk/topic/ourselves/emotion.html#.TfyVDF2wX3E

4. I suggest you don't use **********.

5. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

We have a 'feelings tree' with 4 different laminated smiley faces in different positions to represent 'on top of the world', 'great', 'ok', 'unhappy' and photos of the children laminated on leaf shapes. When the children come in, they stick their face on the corresponding part of the tree with blu tac. The smileys were freely available on the internet.
    Please don't use **********

6. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

Why do you need a check in system? What's wrong with talking to children and having a chat?

7. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

Nothing at all, providing you don't have more than six children in your class!

8. maybe you need those self reigstration things that some teachers use?

********** has some http://www.**********.co.uk/classman/routine/selfreg/

9. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

Are you talking about a system on the IWB or actual things the kids can pick up and move around?
    Couldn't you just make these yourself? Perhaps you could take each child's photo next week when you meet them and then prepare something ready for the new term.
    Carrie [​IMG]

10. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Your new school may have a ban on ********** resources. Worth finding out.

11. I thought most schools did now.

12. Please don't use **********, ban or not.

13. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

A colleague of mine has some painted paper plates with various feelings written on them, think there is five of them. Then each child has a peg with their name on. they move their peg to where they want it each morning.

I'm not sure what purpose it serves or if any conversation results from it.