1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Morning activities

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by daisyhorse, Apr 28, 2012.

1. What do your children do when they arrive in the morning before registration? I set a range of activities that the children choose independently and some children work at their work stations. The children do these until everyone has been to the toilet and then we have registration. Does anyone else do this and do you plan these activities with learning objectives etc? Sometimes I'll have objectives if I want to consolidate something but often it's a social time for the children especially after travelling on transport to school.

2. I have done that in the past. We call it 'soft start'. Each day would be a different thing like puzzles or books. Now we go straight to the circle and say hello. We can do this because the children all come into class at the same time. They go to the toilet during circle time.

3. Thanks chocolatefan. I hadn't thought about going straight to the circle. I might have a think about that.