1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

More tax questions!

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by birdonawire, May 1, 2012.

1. I resigned Dec 31st. 2011 from full time SMT role.
    I take ARB to be paid May 27th 2012.
    I am currently doing some supply work [couple of days a week until July] so the agency have my P45.
    I have just accepted a full time job but not in teaching starting in September.
    How can I make sure the tax situation does not become complicated?? Can one of you experts help please?
    Many thanks
    BW

2. I resigned Dec 31st. 2011 from full time SMT role.
    I take ARB to be paid May 27th 2012.
    I am currently doing some supply work [couple of days a week until July] so the agency have my P45.
    I have just accepted a full time job but not in teaching starting in September.
    How can I make sure the tax situation does not become complicated?? Can one of you experts help please?
    Many thanks
    BW

3. I suspect the TPS will deduct tax at the standard rate from your pension as the Supply Agency have your P45. Depends on your income. If the bigger figure is from your pension give your P45 to the TPS. If not, keep the arrangement as it is.
    Probably **** advice but hope it helps!

4. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Don't worry, the Tax People will be on your case. You'll get all sorts of letters and forms to fill in.