1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

More SEN Support.

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by lisajoy1, Sep 9, 2019.

1. lisajoy1

lisajoy1 New commenter

My daughter is 17 and was told she couldnt attend her 16 within her school due to Mental Health. At 16years old she was diagnoesd with ASD High Anxiety and Mental Health. Unfortunately she is now NEET due to her high academic skills, and very low PSED which she requires alot of support. I feel there should be facilities, more appropriate places for these young persons to go to achieve better future outcomes.

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

3. lisajoy1

lisajoy1 New commenter

Thankyou for your reply and I will look into that although I'm working alongside the LA and careers advisor to get her a suitable place. It's just so hard she has been out of school for 1 week and I think it will make her mental health issues worse.

4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

5. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

6. lisajoy1

lisajoy1 New commenter

I went to visit WCG and my daughter is very interested as her EHCP was refused because she is very bright i hope she finds this setting ok.