1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

More PC problems; Audacious request for more help

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ian60, Oct 26, 2011.

1. jazz2

jazz2 New commenter

Where does it say this? You should be able to access a list of potential wireless connections; you would then select yours from the list, and enter your router password.
    For example, the list of wireless connections I have access to includes a few Sky, a few BT, TalkTalk ([​IMG]) and a few other randomly named options. These all belong to my neighbours, and are mostly protected so I'd need (should need!) to have passwords to use them.
    In the same list I can see the name of my own router, which I connect to automatically. If I wasn't already connected, I'd have to click on it, and then I'd get a prompt telling me that I need a password to connect.
    Does any of this sound vaguely familiar?!

2. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

sorry to jump on
    1) could you attach the wireless router with a wire to the lappy to get the net (temp solution)

2) on my old lappy I had to hit a button to turn on the wire less connection (eg Fn +F2) to make it work by turning on the wireless in the lappy