1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

More interesting news of academies and those who own them.

Discussion in 'Education news' started by colinbillett, May 12, 2016.

1. colinbillett

colinbillett Occasional commenter

Scintillant likes this.
  2. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Thoroughly depressing.

If not remotely surprising

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

4. stupot101

stupot101 Established commenter

Aw shucks, you got there before me :(

“I assumed it would be badly paid, that I would have to spend ages learning pedagogical theory to even become qualified to teach, and that I would be unlikely to be working with like-minded people. I chose a different career path instead."

oh dear 'teachers not your sort are they?:rolleyes:

“Eventually, 10 years later, I was given the opportunity to teach. In addition to developing our knowledge-rich curriculum at Future Academies, I teach two classes of year 6 pupils at primary level and one class of year 7 students and one class of GCSE students at secondary level. I’ve chosen not to become a qualified teacher because I honestly believe that high energy and a great love of your subject are the most important qualifications,” she wrote.

Oh. that;s ok then.:rolleyes:

5. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I read this yesterday and I'm still sitting with my mouth open at the hubris of it.

6. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Knowledge rich? That would be learning dates and kings then?