1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

More Eastenders questions

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Jan 3, 2012.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

1. Who is Derek?
    2. Can't remember the other one but when I do I'll ask on here! [​IMG]

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Derek is Jack,Max and Carol's older brother.

3. BelleDuJour

Thanks. So why is he so nasty?
    *Stupid Belle still can't remember the other question*

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Because he's meant to be an old fashioned eastend boy (racist/violent/gangster). His father Jim was the same when he first came into the programme but he was soften up later on. There is also the story of him and David Wicks (who got Carol pregnant when they were teenagers) Do you actually watch the programme,Belle or do you just ask questions about it?

5. My EE question for Belle: why are you watching this ****??

PS Happy New Year!

6. BelleDuJour

I do watch it from time to time, but not often enough to get the hang of it! [​IMG]

7. I used to be a Corrie-only woman. Now I watch Eastenders too but only because I was at daughter's house and sat through a long episode about the run-up to Peggy's wedding to a nutter. It was quite entertaining! After that, I just had to find out what happened and when you get to follow a story-line then you have to keep catching up!
    Fortunately I have Virgin and a catch-up service. I long ago stopped watching soaps when they were on. Life got in the way, but on a wet and windy day like today I depressed myself by catching up on the 'Pat Butcher' snuffing it episode. It was definitely a Kleenex moment. Eastenders really can be grim!
    Derek is a nasty piece of work....but now he has threatened to spill the beans on his brother Max...no idea what he has on him...so he'll have to keep in with him.
    David Wickes came back for the death-bed showdown and punched Derek. Did you get that far Belle?
    That's another storyline to run and run...the David/Derek feud.
    How on earth do people watch ALL the soaps????

8. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I find it quite easy!

9. BelleDuJour

Yes, thanks AE but you have filled in some gaps.
    Now, if only I could remember the other question!

10. I keep wondering how Max, Jack and Derek could possibly be brothers - bad casting.
    Oh, and how could they cast Max as a red hot love interest?

11. BelleDuJour

[​IMG]

12. Maybe he has hidden 'charms'? [​IMG]

13. Like Belldejour, I only pop in and out of the soaps now, after breaking the habit of watching them all!. Revisiting Easttenders, was like entering a new programme, so many new characters. The one I'm having a problem with is Ian's new girlfriend, she's obviously been in the programme before but I can't remember her. Who is she?

14. BelleDuJour

I've remembered my other question!
    How the hell did Phil get off the murder charge after admitting on record he knew about hte cut 'n shuts?
    Now I do remember her. She was a kind of street kid years ago who got taken in by a family on the square but can't remember much more than that.

15. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Now that would be Mandy - I think she was taken in by Kaffy but then met Aiden (Sean Maguire - WOOF!!!) and they ended up living on the streets. Not sure if he ended up on heroin...anyway, she left "get stuffed the lot oh ya" were her parting words.
    Derek is rather quite amusing - almost as if everytime he appears on screen it should be in a puff of smoke.

16. BelleDuJour

YES!
    Now what about Phil?

17. bizent

bizent Star commenter

I think it's because they don't have enough evidence to charge him with anything serious. According to <strike>the bible </strike>www.digitalspy.co.uk - there is much drama to come as "Phil bullies Patrick and Denise once too often" which I assume is the aftermath of the letter that Patrick found last night.

18. What's happened about Zainab and the evil doctor bloke? The last I saw, he had taken her son Kamil away and her and Masood were distraught. When I saw a bit yesterday, Zainab seemed fine and no sign of the doctor!

19. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Ooooh you missed the "climax" of the storyline - he died in the big fire on Boxing Day after Zainab told him that is daughter was inside the burning building which made him go in and rescue her.

20. catmother

catmother Star commenter

You've missed the Christmas and Boxing days episodes when that particular storyline got resolved!
    Evil doctor died in the B&B's fire, which he had started.