1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

More Downloads than Views?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by goteachmaths, Apr 4, 2019.

1. goteachmaths

goteachmaths New commenter

I see this occasionally.

I was wondering how someone can have more downloads than views?

Does anyone know exactly how it's measured? I presume a view is simply loading the resource page.

Thanks!

2. penyrheol1

penyrheol1 New commenter

Hello There. Purchasers can download as many times as they wish. Some will download to their own personal area of the website and every time they download from there it registers with you.

HTH

3. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

As explained by penyrheol1, buyers frequently download more than once. Perhaps they viewed and downloaded the resource at home then wanted to download again at school - this can be done without revisiting the resource. It's also possible that people can't find the location of the download on their computer and find it quicker to simply download again. Do also be aware that every download you make of your own resource will also contribute to the download total.

[Richard]

4. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

...or that they shared their login with a friend and they have also downloaded it!

harle likes this.
  5. goteachmaths

Thanks for the replies!

Is it possible that non-view downloads come from other parts of the site - like the maths recommended resources list. You don't actually visit the page, so maybe that counts for a download but not a view?

6. tesAuthorTeam

I'm trying to work out which list you're referring to. Could you please post the link to the web page?

[Richard]

7. goteachmaths

8. tesAuthorTeam

Thanks for the link. You are right that downloads directly from these pages will give you download numbers without views. You may also find that people use the 'quick view' function on search results which enables downloads without viewing the page. We have recently noticed users with four times the number of downloads compared to views, so this appears to be a common occurrence.

[Richard]

9. goteachmaths

Ahh.. yes. Recent uploads have 4x downloads vs. views I don't know whether this looks good. If you have downloads above views it looks like you're gaming the system. If you have 100% download to view ratio - your resources must look perfect. lol

Thanks for the help!