1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

more cramps in early pregnancy after c section

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by kjimenez, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hi folks, i am 5 weeks pregnant and have been having nagging cramps and lower back pain for a few days. Im a reception teacher so up and down off the floor. i was also wondering whether this was due to my previous c section. Has anyone experienced this and should i be woried?

2. First of all congratulations on your pregnancy. I haven't had C section and this is my first pregnancy. Between about 4 - 8 weeks I had awful stomach cramps but it did go away and now I haven't had it for about 2 weeks.... thank goodness. I did mention it to midwife who wasn't too concerned as I didn't have any bleeding etc. I kept eating crackers in between meals and maybe this helped??? If you're really worried, tell your doctor/midwife for reassurance. I hope the cramps ease up for you.

3. I had terrible cramps in my first pregnancy- lots of back ache- aMcould be changes in uterus, constipation, etc..... It was really bad pain and went to docs who sent me for early scan, all was fine and baby is 5 months old... If you are worried, see midwife or doctor to reassure you. xx

4. Hi. I had a section first time round and had nagging aches in most months of my next pregnancy! It's perfectly normal unless you get sharp, constant pains. If you're in any doubt at all, go to your midwife or GP to ease your mind. It's the scar tissue stretching (apparently) and it can ache a bit.
    Hope you feel better soon.