1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

More confessions

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cheesy wotsit, Mar 29, 2011.

1. I hate APP and don't actually do it. Nobody checks.
    I hate Inset days, especially when all the Head does is read a Powerpoint Presentation then put us in groups to discuss. When we do, we just talk about what we did on holiday or the latest football results. I hate the people who actually do as they're told on these days. I hate the fact that everything we have discussed is never acted on.
    I hate Learning Objectives. I never do them, except when an Inspector comes in.
    I hate kids who refuse to go into the classroom and then watch as the Head just walks past them in the corridor and says 'good morning'.
    I hate Heads and Deputies who don't teach and then judge us teaching.
    I hate SIPs who aren't interested in anything but bloody targets.
    I hate TAs who constantly talk when you've asked for silence (though I can forgive them this as they are usually brilliant).
    I hate parents who expect to see you at any time of day without an appointment.
    I hate teachers who constantly talk about how wonderful their lesson went.
    I hate governors who listen to everything the head/deputy says and believes them.
    I hate it when the head 'works from home'. Wish we could.
    I hate parents who never turn up to Parents' Evening but then want to see you on another day.
    I hate IEPs - most parents never want them either.
    I really, really, hate home/school books. Most parents either a) don't bother doing their bit or b) use them to complain.
    I hate the fact that you are expected to do everything on a child's statement, which is written by somebody with little idea of teaching and requires you to do hundreds of things you can't possibly do.
    I hate staff meetings. FULL STOP. I also hate when we are given handouts and the Head reads it to us as if we can't read it ourselves. Not that I would bother anyway.
    MY BIGGEST HATE: I hate the fact that nobody trusts teachers any more without some sort of proof on paper that we're doing our job. Wish we could get back to the days when I first taught, 30 years ago.
    I think I should stop now......

2. Sorry, put this in the wrong place. I hate people who post in the wrong place....