1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

More activity less lecture

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Sophie1329, May 8, 2012.

1. I will start off with saying that im a student teacher in my first year.I am training to be a secondary teacher however my first year placement is in a Primary school. I know very little about how to teach at a primary level or what ways i can do a lesson which are stimulating for 10, 11 and 12 year olds. I am thinking about doing alesson on Mother Teresa. However it seems to just come out as a lecture. There is so much infomation about her life and I only have 45 minutes to do it in.
    Dose anyone know a way I can do a lesson which contains a lot of infomation without it sounding just like a lecture. Any activities or ways of communicating the infomation which are fun and interesting would be highly appreciated
    </td></tr></table></h3>

2. why not post in the primary forum - if you can get holdof it in your library there is a good book by Paul Ginnis - the Teacher'sToolkit that has lots of good ideas for activities for lessons.
    The Sage