1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moray House Interview PGDE Secondary

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by ems11, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Hi, I am new to the site and have been reading some of the other posts for interviews. I got a bit confused as to whether they were regarding primary or secondary and also as to whether or not they were for the BEd programme or the PGDE.
    I have an interview for modern languages PGDE on Friday and I am really nervous. Would be interested in talking to anyone else in the same boat, but also to anyone with a secondary interview coming up. I haven't been sent any information on the content of the interview, I only know it is to be conducted in the foreign language. From reading the other posts, I understand this is not the situation for everyone and I am a little panicked. Not sure whether I actually should have received this information. Also, if anyone has any useful advice then it would be very welcome.
    Thanks
    EMS

2. Hi, I am new to the site and have been reading some of the other posts for interviews. I got a bit confused as to whether they were regarding primary or secondary and also as to whether or not they were for the BEd programme or the PGDE.
    I have an interview for modern languages PGDE on Friday and I am really nervous. Would be interested in talking to anyone else in the same boat, but also to anyone with a secondary interview coming up. I haven't been sent any information on the content of the interview, I only know it is to be conducted in the foreign language. From reading the other posts, I understand this is not the situation for everyone and I am a little panicked. Not sure whether I actually should have received this information. Also, if anyone has any useful advice then it would be very welcome.
    Thanks
    EMS

3. Hi, I'm doing MFL at Moray House at the moment. Don't worry about the interview - its quite straightforward. We had to watch a video, then write a short essay about it in our first foreign language. We had about half an hour to do it.
    Then we had the individual interviews - half is in French and half in English. The questions are quite straightforward - why do you want to teach, why languages, how would you deal with pupils who aren't motivated etc. Also I'd have some ideas for a couple of questions to ask at the end as they always ask you if you want to know anything else.
    Good luck!